View Single Post
Old 10 February 2021, 15:18   #82
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1981 View Post
Back to OpenURL Prefs again...

In my prefs, I have all other browsers disabled and IBrowse at the top of my list.
In the Path description for IBrowse, I have my unique path to IBrowse and then "%u" at the end. It's the "%u" which contains the URL for the slave update and this gets passed onto the command line via the Path you entered previously (in your case for AWeb).

It looks like yours could be:

Workbench/Programs/AWeb/AWeb "%u"

Can you let me know exactly what yours says? If you get sent to the browser homescreen then that implies that it wasn't passed a URL via the "%u". The quotes should be used too around the %u, so don't exclude them.

When you think you have it setup correctly, save the prefs and go to a new shell window and type:

cpenurl "www.aminet.net/docs"

...and it should display docs from aminet. Does that work?

Ok so first thing I tried was c: openurl "www.aminet.net/docs" in shell

It did not open but just the browser at it's home page.

Then I had a closer look at the preferences again. I noticed the %u did not have "" around them for the options below. So I added these in.

Still didn't work.

Then I took at a look at what you said which was "%u" after the path to Aweb so should be like this Workbench/Programs/AWeb/AWeb "%u"

and what do you know? I had no "%u"

So I added this in and ran c: openurl "www.aminet.net/docs", and it opened the webpage.

Moment of truth............

I then went and run a game I know that wasn't updated yet, WHDload webpage loaded no problem. Was able to down the slave there and then and after continue with the game without a hitch.

Feel bad that I never noticed this but then when I copied over the preferences from the other CF card that does seem to be working I expected the settings to be the same and work. But I guess not. I suppose this way was a better way to learn what actually was going wrong as I understand what it's doing better!

Thanks again for that

Page generated in 0.06997 seconds with 11 queries