View Single Post
Old 04 April 2017, 02:41   #6
Irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Now you have things (mostly) working it might be a good idea to change some of those settings. I would set parity to ON (otherwise data transfer errors might occur silently), unit attention ON (off would be used if you were using the SCSI2SD with an old Macintosh Plus). Since you only have one SCSI device, you could set enable scsi disconnect to OFF.

Could "respond to short selection pulses" being OFF improve compatibility with different terminators etc.?

Regarding drive capacity, instead of guessing at the exact drive size, use a program like SCSIUtil or SCSIQuery to tell you the exact number of sectors. Then you can ensure the fake geometry which HDToolBox uses covers the entire drive and no more.
Hey, thanks! I will try changing those settingst. While I was sorting out the other issues, those settings either seemed to have either no effect or were more stable while the termination was mixed (active and passive).

The size issue seemed to be reflected in the SCSI2SD utility. It appeared that the utility is measuring the size in powers of 2 whereas the SD is labeled as 16GB calculated in powers of 10. So, If I tried to use more than 16,000,000,000 bytes on the card, the last "drive" would not be usable. And to the scsi2sd utility in windows, 16GiB would be 17179869184 bytes.

This is a common issue on modern systems and is why formatting a 250GB drive results in ~232GiB partition.

Last edited by Irl; 04 April 2017 at 02:50.

Page generated in 0.05381 seconds with 11 queries