View Single Post
Old 21 May 2009, 22:59   #749
Ed Cruse

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenn View Post
I was talking mainly about Windows, not Amiga. You say the screenshots were stretched on your display (that is, first three stretched, fourth kinda-round), that should not happen, 5:4 or no 5:4.

And I'm well aware of the pixel aspect ratio, actually, that's what I wrote in my post too, only in different words. 5:4 and 4:3 will display the screenshots under Windows exacly the same because their pixel ratio is the same. For WinUAE and Amiga display, the physical ratio is different and that's why we have to compensate with KAR 5:4. I stated it all. But mostly I was talking about the screenshots and your talking about them being not the same on a 5:4 monitor under Windows, which is not true.

By the way, Toni, what about the black borders?
My monitor displays all Windows display modes frame to frame, in other words full size. It doesn't matter whether it's 1280x1024 or 1024x768 or even 640x480. Therefore everything on my 1280x1024 5:4 lcd monitor is always stretched compared to my CRT 4:3 monitor. It would be like taking a 4:3 crt monitor and magicaly stretching vertically the crt until it was 5:4. Everything displayed on that monitor would be stretched.

Page generated in 0.05007 seconds with 11 queries