View Single Post
Old 13 March 2018, 21:10   #837
SunSpire

Hey hey, my two OLED screens have finally arrived. I implemented one in my A500 and the other one in the A1200 - and upgraded to the latest FF firmware. It works! Yay! No rotary encoder just yet, but repositioned buttons instead. (No Amiga case was harmed in the process )

On my A500, the Gotek behaves very differently from the A1200. I tried putting approx. ~4000 .adf disk images ordered A-Z in the USB stick's root dir and navigate through them in config-less mode. What I noticed is that within the first three hundred or so images, the navigation slows down to a crawl with heavy response delay, making it near impossible to reach any .adf past the 1000 mark. On the A1200, the same happens but much sooner, I can barely navigate past 100 files without waiting forever. Is it the USB stick or something else causing this?

I vaguely remember someone else on here mentioned this before, but I can't seem to find the exact page and whether there is a fix for it yet.

Apart from that, I'm super happy to have the OLEDS now, it makes the FF Gotek experience so much better

Last edited by SunSpire; 13 March 2018 at 21:17.

Page generated in 0.19940 seconds with 11 queries