Thread: Program Design
View Single Post
Old 11 February 2007, 01:17   #22
lucadip
Where is my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardoz

There are a few development paradigms to help you move from model to finished code, like Waterfall (start with the spec and keep going back to the customer with the code until everyone agrees it's finished - most software houses do this), iterative (complete it in chunks) and extreme programming (not sure how this is supposed to work).

This is probably more applicable for business apps. than games? If you're going for a job interview as a programmer make sure you can spout this stuff!
How true is that!

BTW, back in the old days I always started to write down code without planning at all. It was fun and fast, but I often ended up changing a lot of code I had written and blaming myself for not planning anything at all...

Nowadays I develop 99% of the time OO (Java and C++) and I've learned how important it is to carefully plan before starting to develop! By drawing UML diagrams that describe the sw architecture I automatically also write a lot of documentation, mostly important for me in case I have to further develop/improve/fix my own projects.

Building UML diagrams for 68k assembly development is probably overkill, drawing some flowcharts instead is imho a good compromise. And a good reference for the future!

Page generated in 0.07678 seconds with 11 queries