View Single Post
Old 07 March 2016, 22:56   #2
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
noticed since changing to a different display, my A1200 has weaker video than other machines, all using RGB/SCART, the TV itself is a bit weak too, not sure if its just a worn tube or the electronics, the colour (saturation) adjustment on that doesn't work at all for example & the contrast is not great.

anyway, i'll most likely replace that TV and i'm not sure why that might only be affecting the Amiga, wondering if its just the SCART cable? I don't want to open the cable unnecessarily though, does anyone know the typical resistance on a colour line of an Amiga RGB-Scart? the cable is maybe just over 1m long.

if that is OK, would it be a good idea to measure the voltages between each colour pin and ground & is it better to do this on a connected socket which is displaying video at the same time or disconnected at the TV end?

Or is this just normal and I should just turn the brightness up a bit on the TV?

Btw This machine is still on its original caps and all components, original PSU, expanded with ACA1231 and CF to IDE storage.

Tl;Dr, does anyone know the typical resistance of a colour line of an Amiga RGB-Scart? Thanks!
I noticed that my Amiga 500s and 600 has a better quality RGB picture VS my 1200. Using my BenQ BL 702A's with RGB to VGA cable. I confronted the forum with this and sure enough the A1200 is using some kind of videodac chip producing a different quality RGB picture VS the A500 and 600s. I had to increase gamma alot on my 1200 VS my 500/600 and even then the 500/600 had superior picture quality. In my opinion the 1200 is overrated and overpriced. Those few AGA games are not good enough to justify the 1200. 1200s and 600s have poor/cheap build quality VS Amiga 500. Amiga 500 will always be my favourite out of these machines. And 99% of all the classic Amiga games was made for the Amiga 500.

Page generated in 0.04445 seconds with 11 queries