View Single Post
Old 27 April 2020, 22:51   #17
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
Let's face it, the situation we are in there is nothing "NG" in Amiga NG any more. For the past decade or more, Amiga OS4 has been nothing more than an excuse to sell archaic, overpriced computers. I do get it, people would love to use an Amiga OS machine even in 2020, but unfortunately what we have on offer is certainly not something which can be used for normal day-by-day tasks.

I was one of those who backed up the A1222 Tabor board with the early bird offer, but later decided to get a refund as it has been pushed back again - at this point I am not sure even it will happen. Even though Amiga OS has always been my choice, I am now keeping an eye on MorphOS since they announced an x86/x64 port is on the way - although I am not interested in purchasing old Mac hardware which is the reason I am not a user right now.
You and everyone else should accept that Amiga no matter wich version, is a hobby OS in hobby hardware. It is NOT a day-by-day computer, it will never be.

There is NO comeback for a Amiga, but you decide what your hobbies are. If you hobby is Amiga, you can make sure that there is a continuum for your hobby by supporting it. I'm very happy with my Amiga OS4 machine, it is perfect hobby machine.

Page generated in 0.07738 seconds with 11 queries