Thread: Limbo
View Single Post
Old 05 October 2017, 23:00   #19
Amiga1992

I think people have forgotten how ports are. In the 80s and 90s we got a LOT of ports from arcade and stuff, that were not at all 1:1 but still kept the essence and were good games. There was also a lot of SHIT. That didnýt stop people from trying, and some of the abstractions derived from much more complex games were rather interesting.

Seems like people nowadays just want to see an as near to 1:1 thing which is impossible on humble hardware.

Again, guys, Limbo on a C64, HELLO? Of course you can make an Amiga version, you will just have to know where to cut and where to not cut!

Limbo is a simple looking game but the mechanics behind it are a bit complex in my opinion, that's where my main worry would be. Visually and sonically, you can get a very decent conversion, that's out of the question. I think you can remove a LOT of the fluff and still have it feel like Limbo. But there are puzzles that rely in physics that would probably be impossible to deal with realtime on Amiga and a workaround will have to be found.

Page generated in 0.05794 seconds with 11 queries