View Single Post
Old 14 April 2017, 14:24   #13
Amiga1992

I love Windjammers and a clone would be amazing to have. I was actually thinking recently, when playing it at an arcade, why there isn't any Windjammers clone for Amiga!

But I am afraid your graphics look weird, "too realistic" in a way that doesn't really apply to a Windjammers-type game. IS that supposed to be like a real sports field? At first look, without reading your text, I thought you wanted to make a 1 on 1 ice hockey game like the (fantastic) Hat Trick on C64. So clearly the idea with them isn't just right.

What I love about Windjammers is that it's complete fantasy, with the crazy power moves and whatnot. Graphics do a LOT to help with this. The size of everything, too. The game "field" is actually pretty small because the player sprites are big. Yours look like they are in a HUGE field. This will affect gameplay/feeling.

For those who never heard/seen the game:

[ Show youtube player ]

Here's the point where things make or break: why are you doing this alone? Clearly you could use the hand of a talented pixel artist. I would ask you to get one for this project. It would make your project many orders of magnitude better I can think. There's no need to do it all alone, and that is one of the things we discussed in that thread, if you read it through completely.

This level of graphics can be achieved by the way. Fightin' Spirit showed the Amiga world Neo Geo-type graphics are possible on Amiga.
http://hol.abime.net/530/screenshot

So yeah, if you can pull off a game with this gameplay, graphic and audio quality, you've got my purchase. But please also offer a digital download system

Last edited by Amiga1992; 14 April 2017 at 16:24.

Page generated in 0.04425 seconds with 11 queries