View Single Post
Old 23 October 2019, 01:07   #135
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
You know what? All this talk of the Sharp X68000 being superior to the Amiga prompted me to look up videos like this with the games: [ Show youtube player ]

And to be honest, they don't look that impressive to me. I think the Amiga could recreate a lot of these games, easily. Then again, the audio sounds cleaner, but more artificial, like some kind of crappy FM synthesis, which is the hallmark (to me) of an inferior sound chip. PCM audio like Paula all the way, baby!
You gotta be kidding, right? Just compare the games on that video that exists on Amiga with their Amiga versions.

No, an A500 can't touch a X68000.

On its lowest model, the X68000 comes with a 68000 at 10 mhz and 1mb of ram.

But its power is really on its graphical chip.

65536 colors
32 sprites per scanline. Each sprite can have 16 colors, chosen from 16 different palletes.
You can have a Bitmap playfield with 65536 colors, or 2 playfields at 256 colors each or 4 playfield at 16 colors each.
On top of that you sill have TWO TILE LAYERS with 256 colors each.

Soundwise is has 8 FM Chanells + 2 DAC channels + 1 PCM Channel.

You are joking, right?

And keep in mind, many X68000 games were made by "Bedroom coders" too, there are a lot of doujin games on that list.

No, most stuff on that video can't be done on an A500 with 1mb Ram. It can't. I'm sorry mate, but you are delusional if you truly believe that.

Page generated in 0.08070 seconds with 11 queries