View Single Post
Old 02 March 2011, 18:53   #4
rsn8887

In my opinion, the best game like Airtaxi is Spacetaxi 3. Up to 4 players can play simultaneously in team or competitive modes and it has just tons of really fun levels.

There's also the excellent Ugh!. Up to 2 players can play simultaneously and it has beautiful graphics. One of my all-time favorites.

The Executioner has great graphics but is also extremely hard.

Then there's Zarathrusta which is also pretty good but again quite hard.

The PD Game Fleuch 2 is also a lot of fun. It is very similar to the original Thrust on the C64.

Concerning multiplayer competitive games, Mayhem and Bratwurst come to my mind, but there are a lot more (see previous posts).

On other systems:

Exclusively on Atari ST, there's the excellent Oids. Sadly the scrolling is jerky. What a bummer .

On NES, there's the great Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warship.

On Genesis, there's Sub-terrania, which looks good. I don't really like to play it all that much. It feels weird to me.

On PS3, there's Gravity Crash.

On PC, there is the nice Thrust Extreme, as well as
the excellent but extremely hard Gravitron 2. Gravitron 1 is also great. There's also a Thrust remake in Blitzbasic called Thrust Deluxe, but I've never tried it out.

On C64, there's the two awesome cult classics that started it all: Space Taxi and Thrust. Thrust has keyboard control only, but that makes the controls very tight.
Well, there's also an official sequel to Thrust, Thrust 2, but I think it sucks. Thrust 2 is actually a totally different game on CPC and Spectrum compared to C64. However, even on those machines it still completely sucks.

One could also argue that games like Virus/Zarch, Zeewolf 1 and 2 and V2000 fall into the same category, because the player constantly fights against gravity. Those are 3D games though, and as such they feel quite different to me.

Page generated in 0.04292 seconds with 11 queries