Thread: Box scans
View Single Post
Old 17 December 2002, 11:24   #19
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by NytroX86
I reckon boxes should be touched up, but only if done by someone 'qualified'. Antiriad's example looks great, but obviously it takes time and when your dealing with a huge database like HOL it would take dedication. Still if its like your job Twistin' your more obviously 'qualified' so yer welcome to re-master any of the scans I upload.
That's a real good point and one I was gonna make following Burseg's comment, but I forgot. It should definitely be done by qualified image manipulation people. I have been doing this sort of thing for a long time, going back to my days of working on a TV news pre-production staff (which is where I had to trade in my Amiga skills for Photoshop). Clearly Antiriad knows his stuff, as well. Very often at work now, I keep before and after pics because some of the restorations I do (like on obit mugs) are remarkable. I often get solicited by people to do restoration work on their old photos and such, which I have to turn down simply because there is no time in my life. Removing lint, debris and markings from a boxscan doesn't change the original appearance and I never attempt to correct the original artist or designer's vision. Likewise, if restoring a portrait I never remove scars or other physical features. Although I have (upon request) removed everything from acne to mustaches to hair color, etc.

Page generated in 0.07487 seconds with 11 queries