View Single Post
Old 21 March 2010, 00:57   #18
stefcep2

Amiga hardware is far more expensive in Australia than in the UK, due to it being available in much higher quantities in the UK. This is especially true of expansions, which were very hard to come by new in Australia at a time when they were plentiful in the UK. I actually ordered most of my stuff new from the UK- 68030 accelerator, sold and bought an Apollo 68040, and I bought a 68060 Cyberstorm, CV64 from Germany, (better exchange rate and they took off the German Sales Tax, which some UK retailers wouldn't).

An A1200 without any fast RAM is IMO next to useless. And far more floppy-only A1200's were sold here in Aus than hard drive and ram-expanded ones. So when a RAM expansion or accelerator comes up people pay a lot for them. $200 for a 4 MB card is a lot, but even with 4 MB you have a MUCH better machine, and for most people these days who just want to play games, or maybe mess about with a paint program or two, its more than adequate. Hence the price.

Kakaboy, consider bidding on UK ebay if price is your concern, otherwise be prepared for some steep local prices.

Page generated in 0.04174 seconds with 11 queries