Thread: CD32Load
View Single Post
Old 01 January 2016, 05:24   #43
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Gods is a nice one! Specially with the converted intro. Let's take the CD in a time machine and show it to the Bitmap Bros in 1992
Haha, if they did a CD32 version back in the day it would have been full AGA but with bright, garish, cartoony colours (eg Chaos Engine and Speedball 2)

Quote:
about all controller modifications: I'm working on a generic redirection system without parameters ATM just to check that I can do it.
(the worst part in ASM programs is interaction with the system, parameters, argument parsing )

If it works, I'll consider doing something more powerful. For now, I'll remap buttons on "P", "SPACE", "F1", "F2", "RETURN" ... because they are the most used keys.

I'll have less time in a few days (no more holidays, got to work on serious projects for money ), but I'll do my best.
Great! There's numerous games space by itself would be useful for - Chase HQ 1/2, Dynablaster, Hard N Heavy, Afterburner, probably a lot more.

If you don't have time to implement parameters, would it be possible to hex edit the binary to change the hard coded keys manually? At the very least ESC, 1, 2, Left/Right Shift/Alt are useful in some games.

(Also bear in mind that the available keys ideally need to vary between player 1 and player 2, as a random example Chaos Engine 2 P1 uses left shift/alt and P2 uses right shift/alt)

Quote:
BTW how to download AMSCD32? Can't find it anywhere
Chucked something in the zone for you I've preconfigured it with your loader and a couple of example games.

Page generated in 0.04536 seconds with 11 queries