View Single Post
Old 01 October 2018, 01:47   #14
project23
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Dreams View Post
don't know much about it, just using google translate and read the forum from first post. There are two cards CS530 & 540 these are pretty same except CPU of course. there is a queue on this card already about 50 persons are waiting.
And yes, it will be redesigned to one card:
Okay that's fine... let me highlight my problem with two simple bullet points:
  • The supplier is a registered company with a functional RMA and QA system in place. The product has been tested to whatever local (usually EU) standards or at the very least has a genuine CE stamp.
  • The board is opensource, such that repairs can be carried out either by the owner themselves or by local professionals/experienced forum members. It is clear from the onset that the buyer is gambling on the functionality of a ready made board - it is a private sale - and it is clear that the board is a non-commercial homebrew device.

Pick one.

It's as simple as that. The TF530 (if built and sold) falls into the latter, and i imagine (i'd have to research it) that the Vampire and ACA and Indivision boards fall into the former.

This influx of new cards - a lot of them fall into neither, and that is my problem. An expensive problem. Bare in mind that this card i paid 100 GBP for came with a provably counterfeit CPU. Does that sound like a supplier that falls into the first category to you?

If you want this card. If you are excited by this card, and if you are happy with the way in which the influx of cards like this are produced and sold - then that is entirely your opinion and i mean no ill will to you. Each to their own.

And one day i will solder BGA ya cheeky bloody b%$tard (joke)

If you come across any other information about this board by the way, i would be interested so do share.

Cheers, and as always - we're in this for the fun, not the fury (bloody furia )

John

Page generated in 0.04265 seconds with 11 queries