View Single Post
Old 30 August 2008, 01:58   #31
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
"Lossless" is not the same quality as the original. Differences tend to be unnoticeable is a relatively quiet environment, but they still exist. Also, MP3s made from FLAC, Monkey Audio, or even "HQ" OGG will sound similar if made properly, I think. As you may know, EAC is the best CD encoder toolset out there, and its accurate mode is really something, if a bit hard to configure.

Properly tagged MP3s will bear the version of the encoder and even the bitrate chosen, and most of the MP3s I have bear an average of 224k, except for those I downloaded to fill my USB audio player.

I think the tendency to use lame (no pun intended) encoders is even worse when it comes to making 1CD DivX, as the dialogues & special (& spacial) fx (center channel) suffer from not being output as multichannel (There were plans for 5.1 mp3s...). I guess it's the same people who use the speakers of their monitors to watch DVDs, instead of buying a 5.1 or even a 2.1 set .

Over the years, I think I found the right combination of codecs and tools for my needs (does Smart Bitrate Control sound familiar to anyone ?), please pm me if you're willing to discuss those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
BTW which do everyone prefer winuae internal recorder or external screen recorder. Which do you like the best for quality and ease of use.
Make a poll .

Last edited by NewDeli; 30 August 2008 at 02:04.

Page generated in 0.14762 seconds with 11 queries