View Single Post
Old 20 August 2017, 23:34   #19

Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Note that I would be happy to use a shader, if it weren't that the examples posted do too much and then just slap on scanlines wherever over the picture. The needed list above is the todo-list left after tweaking CRT-Hyllian.fx.
You mean the "gaming shaders" ? They could even display even scanlines at 2x vertical integer scaling, but they were not designed for that low scale. Pixel art games operate at predictable vertical resolutions which ensures the scaling at 1080p is about 4x-5x. They look good even with non-integer scaling, the higher the scale the nicer the scanlines look.

Your case is quite specific i think, 2x scale of the WB full frame.
Edit: it could also be 1x WB full frame with hires/doble line mode.

Writing a shader for this should be easy enough. I'm still looking for the setting which allows the shader to render at the exact output resolution. Point/Bilinear shouldn't make a difference here with integer scaling. I guess the current filter framework implementation can upscale a bit and then adjust the image with point / bilinear downscale. It's ok for these CRT shaders with linear, but if you want every modulo 2 scanline to be perfectly aligned then the best you can get is an approximation.

Image1: Auto integer scale, point resize.
Image2: Scanlines within margin of error for games.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Point-scanlines.png
Views:	46
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	54270   Click image for larger version

Name:	CRT-Guest-Winuae.png
Views:	44
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	54271  

Last edited by guest.r; 21 August 2017 at 12:19.
Page generated in 0.05432 seconds with 11 queries