View Single Post
Old 02 January 2016, 21:57   #170
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Ask the mods they must have there reasons
And how would we know if these reasons are valid or not?
Moderation is opaque on the EAB and after reading the rules (upon registration) I never saw a sliver of which criteria are used to ban people.
This means that it is up to moderators to make their criteria so, yup, "they must have their reasons", but the important question which is "what are these reasons and are they valid and compatible with creative discussion" cannot be answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
but it Xmas so fuck it and thread stuppid we have Blaze almost perfect gameplay.
I am not sure how to interpret this. These two things are not related at all?
Unless you are saying that since you got a nice Xmas gift then it does not matter if someone is potentially unjustly banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
I don't think the mods need justify their reasons, just an unfortunate situation.
Well, I think they do, because we do post on this board so it is important for us to know how and why people can be banned. If this is arbitrary and up to the moderator's mood then this means everyone has to follow some arbitrary restrictions which is not very compatible with creativity and free exchange of ideas.

If there is a series of objective criteria which are well thought out and reasonable then no one needs to fear they might be banned for expressing their views just because some moderator did not like what he read.

This completely changes the mood of the board.

Also, the idea of indefinite banning is outdated, people change, and even if they persisted, temporarily banning them once in a while would not be that much of a burden given the amount of moderators on the board.

I sure hope the EAB was acting in a more adult and transparent way about this.

Page generated in 0.20340 seconds with 11 queries