View Single Post
Old 12 September 2010, 14:44   #1
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Gamebase and more WHDLoad problems :-/

Hello Im having problems getting WHDLoad installs working with Gamebase. I 've read the following threads, but they don't apply to my problem:- http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=51665
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=50537

I'm using Gamebase Amiga 1.6 (with the non beta version of James' Gamebase). Firstly, everything is working (apart from the WHDLoad installs). I followed the post setup guide, I can scroll down the games, screenshots are displayed, and I can launch adf images for A500 and A1200 games. All sets I verified from the Tools menu of gamebase, and their are no missing files!

The only problem is WHDLOAD installs are not working.
Install paths:

WinUAE is installed to: C:\Program Files\WinUAE
Gamebase is installed to: C:\Program Files\Gamebase
Gamebase Amiga 1.6 is installed to: C:\Documents and Settings\Gamebase Amiga Files

Winuae Configurations are installed to: C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Documents\WinUAE

^ I Chose the above install path to install gamebase Amiga 1.6 to the above location as that is where WinUAE stores it's configurations here by default, and since it is shared, it can be accessed by all users who log onto my XP machine via different user accounts.

WinUAE has been setup as followed (In WinUAE's settings -> paths I have defined are as follows):

System ROMs:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\WinUAE\ROMS\ Configuration Files:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\WinUAE\Configurations\ Screenshots:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\WinUAE\Screenshots\ State Files:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\WinUAE\Savestates\ Videos:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\WinUAE\Videos\ SaveImages:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\WinUAE\SaveImages\

If I select to list all WHDLoas games [2229], and press the Extras button and select 'WHDLoad', the WHDRun GUI program launches - I then click 'start game', and WinUAE then displays a box with the message 'The selected system ROM requires a 68020 or higher CPU'.

At this point, I click OK to this message, and then I see a dos window (of which in the title bar of the dos window is written C:\Program Files\WinUAE\winuae.exe - This WinUAE window is then displayed in front of the dos window, and highlighted is the Configurations tab, but yet their are no configurations listed within the configuration tab of WinUAE

Their are no WinUAE configurations listed, even despite settings the paths in WinUAE corrently for everything. I once got this working ages ago, but cannot for the life of me figure out why now it doesn't want to launch whdload games. If somebody can shed some light on this, I would be entirely greatful. I'm eager to get gamebase running on my HTPC I have just built for use in my lounge. Thanks all !

Page generated in 0.05284 seconds with 11 queries