View Single Post
Old 18 March 2016, 14:58   #31
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
He states that they are "HomeBrew" so no, he's not saying that they are original.
It doesn't matter if he says it's original or not. The homebrew in question is not his to sell. Also I am unsure eBay would still allow any of this to be sold on their site.

This kind of item falls under 3 criterion of what you can't sell on eBay, namely:
- "Bootleg records or unauthorized media" these could be considered bootlegs and are defiintely put in unauthorized media for sure.
- "Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer" (MAYBE solved by the "homebrew" claim)
- "Enabling duplication of copy-protected material" since the games have their copy protection removed, it can be easily copied

If you are reporting items, I would got for the third option, seems to me the most accurate and actionable.

The only prevention I can see for future releases here is releasing them with a license that explicitly says the compilation is not to be sold, plus a warning on the disc displaying at the beginning. That won't stop people from trying to sell them, or modify them to remove that, but at least it's something that would deter idiots like this Spanish guy from putting it all on eBay.

I'm sad you faced criticism on that group earok, but that's normal in the Amiga "community". It's the kinda thing that makes you wonder, "why do I go to all this effort to deliver things that are enjoyed by this kind of people?"

Page generated in 0.08453 seconds with 11 queries