View Single Post
Old 07 October 2019, 10:08   #11
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Difficult because the rent and upkeep of such shops would be hard to maintain.

As per one of the comments, the cost of the consoles is quite high from such providers, but the added caveat is exclusivity of items and rental costs need to be factored in.

This is probably why you will have more success looking on online sites e.g. eBay, Gumtree etc for your console needs, when joe-public will be willing to sell off their attic contents!
Yep. ebay can be a challenge in itself. Many items are already in the hands of the re-seller looking to make a profit (fair enough IF they're done a resto job, but other wise it's just a cash grab), but that does make some of the harder to find packs/items easier to locate at least. It's a service of sorts I guess.

But....because of the resellers, even the genuine loft finds are contested because you are bidding against.....yep....resellers.

But that's a whole other topic really.

The retro and traditional computer stores ARE out there, so this is more just a question of "list them if you know them" rather than discuss the economic viability of them existing at all

I'm "trying" my best to support the traditional stores, both modern and retro. Of course if they're taking the proverbial in pricing, then I shouldn't feel obliged.

Page generated in 0.27635 seconds with 11 queries