View Single Post
Old 11 December 2019, 02:55   #2627
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
Another issue related to WinUAE and that I would like to hear other people's opnions, is that the option "Mouse/Joystick Autoswitching" in Game ports panel not always works with my controller, a wired XBOX 360 one. Many times WinUAE don't detect the controller or it puts the controller in the mouse port when I press the fire button.

So I have some questions about this option: firstly anyone know what is the logic which WinUAE uses when selecting the right port for a mouse or controller? And second, anyone is seeing also WinUAE having difficulties to detect controllers like happens with my XBOX 36 one?
I see you've made edits / additions to your post, which I'll try to address

Regarding "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching". I've never had any issues with this over the years and it works perfectly (I've used "wired" Xbox controllers and currently "wireless" Xbox 360 controllers)

See my notes in the 1st post of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
  • "Keyboard Layout B" is set for "Port 2"; obviously if you plug in your joystick / controller and press button one it will swap over. With the second joystick / controller, press the 2nd button to swap over.
I should add to that really; pressing "Button 1" on any controller maps to "Port 2", pressing "Button 2" on any controller maps to "Port 1"

Last edited by DamienD; 11 December 2019 at 03:10.

Page generated in 0.04223 seconds with 11 queries