View Single Post
Old 15 January 2018, 21:18   #172
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
Someone Have the Trachu's Gfx file?
Mate, I don't to rain on your parade.... I mean, I really don't want to tell you what you should do or not do.... but weren't you working at Rygar port and had trouble to keep working on it after like 2 years of development?

-

I have some fun with threads like this, but I know nothing will come from them ever, even more when you notice the more enthusiastic people are usually the ones who have no idea of how to make things

But in all honesty, if you really could code Metal Slug for the Amiga, if you had the knowledge and time to do it... wouldn't be better spent doing a new game?

As a hobbyst game coder, twice I've begun porting/remaking a game and in the middle of the process I was like "Why the hell am I limiting myself to copy this game when I can do more/better/different/whatever the hell I want ?". I can play Metal Slug on its perfect rendition whenever I want. I can't play the new game any of you could do it because you are wasting your time discussing a port that will never happen instead of, you know, actually doing a game.

I mean, if you LOVE the game and would have fun recreating it, ok. Mcgeezer is doing a hell out of a job doing that Bombjack version and its looking awesome. But it seems to be a game he really likes and also its an achieveable goal and he is changing the game to his likes, adding beer as bombs and stuff.

And.. well, I think I am just babbling now. But really, why people are so much crazy about ports which are already awesome on their original renditions and not so much enthusiastic with completely new games? It's not like most people aren't using Winuae, so you guys can use Mame too

Last edited by Shatterhand; 15 January 2018 at 22:18.

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 11 queries