View Single Post
Old 20 April 2024, 10:14   #3
vortex222

Thankyou for the reply! it is much appreciated. As is the effort and time put into WinUAE!

The purpose to setting cycle exact was just to re-create the use and feel of my old bigbox. It isn't mandatory for me to set that, just nostalgia.

I have been trying to figure out how to set up multiple windows in WinUAE, i didn't realize the emulation itself needed to be not active to set those options (by restarting emulation), as they always appeared greyed out (bios option too). In that the emulation starts upon double clicking the config. lol I feel rather simple for not figuring that out before, but at least now I know.

That seemed to have solved some problems. The entire emulator is no longer crashing at just interacting with the dos window.

Now it has the fun issue of WinUAE not re-spawning the extra window, when I do a reset by right clicking the power indicator in the bottom bar. (so i wont do that!) But I will see how this goes now! Thanks again for the help!

edit, i suspect setting up multiple windows would have solve corruption issues on build 5.1 as well. I didn't experience any corruption on 5.2 but as soon as I would click into the window it would just crash rather than bleed the RTG frame through. Where as 5.1 wouldn't fully clear the window when end+f9 switching and would still show some elements of the RTG screen.

Page generated in 0.07390 seconds with 11 queries