View Single Post
Old 05 September 2019, 16:03   #26
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by 'crease' here, but if you mean the Copper screen split seen in vertical scrolling then the answer is usually 'no' (for blits). To display bobs correctly across such a split requires you to split them in two.
I think he meant if I try to blit bobs half inside the Bitmap, half outside, using the "technique" (I use the term loosely) I described here.

Which means I'll be showing the "outside" of the Bitmap.

I believe it will show up correctly but you'll be overwritting memory, so it shouldn't be done anyway.

I know you should split the BOBs to do this properly. Or you can have some extra bitmap room just to make the bobs "enter" and "leave" the screen.

OR you can just blit them entirely on screen. I've been "studying" some old games and I am surprised of how many games actually do that. Just show the whole sprite on screen when they enter it, and make it dissapear as soon as it touches the border instead of smoothly "Leaving" the screen. And usually in the middle of hectic action, the player won't notice.

Actually, by studying how some old games work, I am surprised by the amount of shit players usually "won't notice"

Page generated in 0.04176 seconds with 11 queries