View Single Post
Old 06 October 2018, 18:07   #14
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
Can't agree with you that monitor speakers sound as good as a subwoofer, that's an impossible statement.
If the music is designed to play on monitor speakers, then monitor speakers will sound better than a subwoofer (or anything else). Because it will sound exactly like intended.

Quote:
As for monitor speakers, like the 1084s that i own, sure it can sound nice and crisp and pick up on the little sounds, but it simply can't reproduce any kind of bass whatsoever, which for me, is missing half the the sounds.
1084s don't sound good. It's 1083 that does.
Sure it won't do bass that'll destroy the neighbor's house with vibrations.
But really it depends on what you're listening to. For ordinary game music it is quite acceptable.

Quote:
Just listen to a suburban bass amiga mod on a monitor speaker, then listen to it with any kind of decent speakers with a sub, and you will see what i mean!
That's very possible but not all music depend on the bass.

Quote:
I would imagine that any semi pro amiga musician back in the day would not be using monitor speakers, rather some half decent speakers with an amp to produce music with, which would mean there sounds were best heard on anything but a monitor speaker.
Producing sounds that sound inadequate on the target audience's hardware wouldn't be a smart move...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
It takes more than just a big enclosure to make a good sound. Even if it didn't, a 1084 monitor case cant exactly be called a brilliant speaker/subwoofer enclosure. Everyone would laugh if a company brought out a pair of speakers in a case like that.
Again it's about sounds that were designed to be played like that.
Exactly the same story as the Amiga's D/A which don't have a good frequency response but still do their job quite nicely.

Quote:
I still disagree with your comments about low quality music sounding worse on a good system than a cheap one. You can't honestly believe a monitor can sound better than these:
These amplify the bass quite a lot. Sometimes too much.

Quote:
Lastly, listening to loud music is not harmful in short bursts. I do not do it 24 hours a day. I was born half deaf, but I do believe I have a good ear for sound quality.
It is harmful, even in short bursts. Ear cells, especially the ones responsible for the treble, are easily destroyed.

Page generated in 0.04244 seconds with 11 queries