View Single Post
Old 25 November 2008, 17:53   #66
Mugo

My Impressions and suggestions

Well, been working with the CD32Toolkit for some days now, and i must say it's very cool! Congrats Lennon!

I'll start by reporting a bug. I don't know if this is a WinUAE bug (haven't burned any CD for running on the CD32 so far) or a AMS bug. Sometimes when the AMS starts, it only shows the Zool entry in the list, repeatedly till the end of the list. I'm using your examples, and adding some more files to complete my compilation, and everytime that bug happens it's the Zool that's shown. I think it's the last .start file.

I also agree that the "chooser" is too fast. If you try to select item by item you just can't help to skip some titles. I think it would be cool, at least in the CD32 version, to have the chooser slowed down by default, and if you press a button (let's say the green button for instance) while navigating it goes faster.

I had also an idea, to include some docs related to each game/demo. It could be the manual, or a cheat book for the game, or it could be the scene release info for that game, or wheatever. Would work like this: you highlight the desirable menu item, and press another button (let's say the yellow button) and the AMS would launch the given text file in a custom text reader. Or it could be any text reader with some mouse emulation program, that's launched before the text reader. I'm not sure how is the best way to implement this, but i think you've got the idea.

By now these are my humble suggestions, as everything else is fine for me. At least so far .

Now while we are talking about AMS, i can't sucessfully create my thumbnails. Have taken some ready pics from the net (300x200x8) and changed their palette with PPaint 7. Then saved them as IFF ILBM. But they don't show up in the menu. Then i tried to save them with Brillance, FXPaint, etc but nothing changes. I think the file format may be wrong. So i would like to know: what program you guys are using to convert the pics to the right format? Also, it would be better if i could do this on my PC, as it would be faster. It's a tedious enough job by itself .

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.06657 seconds with 11 queries