View Single Post
Old 10 October 2018, 18:36   #70
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post
The general consensus among c64 fans is that c64 games have aged better, and that they are more responsive and the amiga games are often too focused on cinematics, are slow, monochrome colored with bad samples instead of sid music.

I disagree with this in general. Yes amiga suffers from binky bonky samples, and alot of early amiga games suffer from bad art. But I much rather play the best oldschool amiga games than the best oldshool c64 games.

C64 old school library is overrated.
I do agree. I find it incredibly complicated to find great games on C64. I've try here and there games supposed to be better, and most of the time i mostly find the soundtrack above the rest, and the playability OMGD :'(

However, the newest games are clearly above 90% of the commercial games that graced this computer : best graphics with the limited palette, good animation, good soundtrack and a quite good playability.

Commando remake and Ghosts'n'Goblins play both nicely

Quote:
And most of these "better" games that are mentioned in this thread and elsewhere are these extreme multiplatform games. Most of those where not that good to begin with imho. Take the ocean games for an example. Yes they are in general better on c64. You can tell the people who made the c64 versions where very talented on c64 platform. But in my opinion. Batman the movie, hudson hawk etc are not great game on any platform.
I do agree. I remember when i bought Batman the Movie for c64, as i wanted to see how it was (i have the Amiga, ST, and CPC versions boxed).

Seriously, what was the coder thinking ? the AI is a borked job, the scrolling is a failure, and when batman fall, you can take a pee & poo and it has still not landed on the ground

Total Rektal is another one.... i bought it, so disappointed :/

Quote:
With this said. Modern c64 games development is the best retro gaming development in the world. Only thing remotely close is megadrive.
Yes

Page generated in 0.05108 seconds with 11 queries