View Single Post
Old 26 December 2006, 19:28   #41
Bloodwych

Hi Anubis; thanks for a little feedback.

Only two spreadsheet programs I'm aware of are FinalCalc and Turbocalc, but it's better if the user installs them because:

a) They have to decide if an FPU is present in order to select an optimum version during install.

b) Very few people would need a spreadsheet in the base pack.

I like to keep the base software pack to the bare essentials that everyone would like installed as a starting point. Then you're free to add to it as you want (as marco has).

I am however going to add the open source browser AWeb. The the current HTML viewer has problems with modern pages (like the WHDload docs). This means as a side effect the P96 versions will gain web-browsing capability through the bsdsocket library in WinUAE. I'll probably add a TCP/IP stack as an optional install package too for those who want to have networking available on their real Amigas.

Those download links for the P96 and UAE versions are meant to be a bit harder to reach due to their size. Plus, they're not really part of the ClassicWB project - I made them because others kept downloading the packs and tried to install P96 straight away! I have to admit, with AIAB, AmiSYS and Amikit I never thought people would want a P96 ClassicWB.

I may make them a more integral part of the main page though after what you've said; depends on how much free time I get this week.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 26 December 2006 at 19:34.

Page generated in 0.04297 seconds with 11 queries