View Single Post
Old 20 October 2009, 19:47   #12
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
I'd sooner resource all binaries and remove the incompatible instructions than install a c development system on my Amigas.
Heh.

Quote:
I'm not going to do all that work if someone that already have have a c devsys set up and know what they're doing can simply get the latest released source and set a few flags and recompile it.
When you first posted I asked BuZz of Exotica to take a look at it. He is a good developer and has ported C-code programs from OS4 to 3.x in the past. He was a bit concious that the only source was the 1.084 and if anyone would actually want it.

Quote:
Developing for a subset of M68k has been a common issue on Amiga, and I'm sure I'll see it for future software. It's a complete showstopper and criticizing it is always correct, regardless of whether the development progress/circumstances are known or not.
Depends if the application is impractical for a 68000. Obviously in the case of SFS, a file system, it is not.. but I would question the rationale of say a 3D graphics card driver or a video media player.

Page generated in 0.22223 seconds with 11 queries