View Single Post
Old 13 October 2003, 18:33   #16
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally posted by WindowsKiller
4 hours ? I can make one in less than 5 minutes, you only need two files...
Don't shoot too quick.

- grubbing together all those tools, and selecting the ones I want to keep on the disk ( + researching work)
- tried THREE softkicker tools from aminet with various options
(about 15-20 reboots)
- tried different 2.0x kickstarts because I thought one of the tools only accepts an original Commodore one with softkicker abilities
[until I got the info that this should work with "ordinary" KS, too]

Remember my RAM was FUCKED and I didn't know it until I eventually crammed this CRC checker on my disk. BEFORE that period of time, I had to think of each and every possibility what could cause the crashes! This took at least about 2 1/2 hours, checking out all those possibilities and combinations / command-line options.
You don't get these clues in the very first five minutes, maybe you do, but "ordinary" people don't, mind you.

The whole procedure of experimenting was 4 hours, the "netto" time for building the disk maybe at most 30 minutes.

Quote:
Also, softkick disks which boots into Kickstart 2.x are already available. The one from FairLight for example.
Well I'm on it - trying to get a golem, then we'll see

@T-hairy-bootson::
A golem is a memory expansion box for the A1000 made by former German company Kupke (+ 2 MB RAM), mounted sidecar-wise.

Page generated in 0.04300 seconds with 11 queries