View Single Post
Old 20 May 2020, 17:34   #4
grond

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
No, not yet. There is also no code to determine the host OS in vasm. The only OS-dependant code (for automatic path-conversions) is selected by compiling vasm with an AMIGA, _WIN32, MSDOS or ATARI define. Default is Unix-style paths.
As I'm not much of a programmer, I don't know how this could be done in the most convenient way, but obviously vasm wouldn't have to determine the host OS at run time but only at compile time which shouldn't require much code inside vasm.

Quote:
Maybe I could introduce a symbol which reflects the current path-style (AMIGA, DOS, UNIX)? Does that help?
That would solve the problem for me.

Quote:
Yes, that's also what I did in the past. Usually there is more than just an include path which differs, so I always have sub-Makefile to include for the different platforms.
I guess I should learn more about makefiles, both on linux and the Amiga. In linux I just use GNU make (and the most simple structure), on the Amiga I used to use smake back in the day, but it sucks because it can't even determine which object files need updates.

Page generated in 0.04235 seconds with 11 queries