View Single Post
Old 12 April 2020, 18:28   #13
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Yes, you can. This magic property is called "power supply rejection ratio" and describes how immune a circuit is to noise present on the supply voltage. Also, there are bandgap reference circuits commonly used on semiconductor chips which produce a reference voltage totally independent of the actual supply voltage.
That energy goes somewhere though, it's not magic. We're not talking about theoretical, ideal circuits here, but the real, imperfect, complex loads without regulation that are Amiga motherboards.

Quote:
Talking about the dangers of "current ripple" is pretty much like the dangers of dihydrigenoxide. It may be dangerous but usually it is not. It's not like Meanwell don't know how to build power supplies...
Mentioning it was just to illustrate that it's a well know and documented phenomenon taken into account in designs, and not something that should be new to any engineer. I don't know why you seem to think I was scaremongering or anything, I know and understand it well. It was also nothing to do with Mean Well supplies, or any other PSU. Of course they know how to make supplies, and they're rather good at it too. But their products cover a wide range of applications, and the specifications (including ripple) differ accordingly.

Page generated in 0.04252 seconds with 11 queries