Thread: My idea...
View Single Post
Old 15 September 2009, 17:56   #45
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
I prefer the Amiga as a retro platform personally. I have no interest in OS 4.1 etc. I would like to see more simple, effective things to keep the Amiga systems out there alive. A perfect example is the Indivision graphics cards, stuff like that is what we need. That And maybe some custom A1200 cases that can accommodate some of the more popular hardware mods into them (USB ports, a VGA connector that is Indivision ready, a slot and mounting area for rear facing slim DVD drive etc.) Basically all of these awesome mods and hacks people here do, I would like to see them mass produced so dolts like me can install / use them. :-)
Pretty much what I feel, but more like "original hardware remade in off the shelf components". Gate arrays for the custom chips.

We need interfaces to external off the shelf things like monitors and storage. Indivision and SATA adapters etc already exist, so...

USB and optical media are pretty useless. Optical drives are going the way of the floppy, and USB just requires a lot of drivers which will never be coded. USB to ps2 adapters for the mouse and keyboard and you're done, who wants to plug in their iPhone or camera, and who on god's green earth would ever code the drivers and apps!? No. Much easier to plop the SD card in an adapter instead.

Generic printer and scanner driver I could possibly see, but you'd need an Amiga with PC specs to get something decent in or out, and that would take a miracle to happen. Also, it would not be for those who like the original hardware/OS/Software.

The other way is the WINE type AROS way, which is excellent for enjoying the OS, but won't save the original platform.

Page generated in 0.14375 seconds with 11 queries