View Single Post
Old 09 July 2017, 01:30   #281
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
Is it emulated on WINUAE? I would like to do games for it, but informations are not so good
You must have clearly missed this thread: Vampire emulation in WinUAE

...Toni has said it numerous times (I'll only quote his most recent post in the above thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Lets see.. (again)

- it is changing all the time. It is becoming less Amiga and more "Amiga compatible".

- it has features and way they are implemented that I don't see the point. I am sure no developers was asked (or was ignored) when those were designed. Whole thing is developer hostile. As I said, it is becoming platform that is also sort of Amiga compatible (at least in some definitions of "compatible"). Perhaps it is the goal. But then there is no point in this thread at all.

- any thread with critical comments gets replied with "you are wrong, we know better", "you are not allowed to comment unless you bought it?" wtf? (or some other reply that makes no sense whatsoever) Guess why I haven't said anything in those threads. I do agree some of those that criticize it!

- why would I help commercial product development by doing something for free? It must work both ways. It also wants to be some sort of competitor for some odd reason. I assume it wants to be competitor with all existing real hardware too when stand alone model is done..

Yes, emulation makes lots of sense when developing (Especially when debugging without MMU is guaranteed to be mega pain in the.. But MMU apparently is useless. Yet another anti-developer feature.) I personally do all the development under emulation, it is so much easier and especially faster, only testing needs real hardware.
...anyway, we are getting way off topic to the original thread.

Page generated in 0.07363 seconds with 11 queries