View Single Post
Old 27 November 2008, 17:16   #9
JuvUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@webby

Yes, you see a swap shop idea sounds great, and arguble ties the community closer together, however when the Amibay team discussed it (at some length over a couple of weeks) we discoverd some serious flaws that were a huge cause of concern.

One of these was (if i trade my Uber 060 PPC for your l33t A4000 +040) only to find one or the other doesn't work, then the trader or tradee' if you will would be out of pocket either an a4k system for a worthless bit of kit, or recieving a worthless bit of kit and sending out a valuable item.

there was little if no comeback, combine this with possible postal damage and you have a nightmare trying to help members sort out trades.

there were other concerns but the above, that was the biggest hurdle, the team decided, that should a member wish to accept payment in part or whole for an item then that is thier choice, and those entering it would be fair warned as such.

The amibay team, recomend that member take measures to protect thier dealings online, such as using paypal or nochex or anthing that can be claimed back in worse case scenario. aguable getting to know the person you are trading with also helps.

so if you want webby you could offer your psp on AmiBay with say willing to trade for A2000 / A1200 or £££, but you must be specific in the £££ as you know AmiBay is not an auction site... thats what fl-ebay is for

just start a thread, Want to Buy in the Amiga Section, willing to trade PSP and or part cash depending on specification... or somthing like that.

hope that helps
hehehehehe but on the other hand i know of an amiga swap that went perfectly

Page generated in 0.04288 seconds with 11 queries