Great game that should have been released on Amiga

I could probably help with sound . I think I have .midis already con-
verted to mods somewhere ...
I ran it on PC-Task with little but some luck And played music in
the Hippoplayer in the background

BTW This is not source to the original , this is source to the Open
Source remake created by SC2 community so it could prove to be
much more demanding hw wise ... It's called Ur-Quan Masters and
it was ported to Mac OS X and Linux but not to 68k Macs ...
I don't think you will find original Star Control 2 sources anywhere ...

EDIT : Just read the whole post of Don Adan seems I went
through all the hell of converting them for nothing

You are wrong for this game are available original source code (I don't like ports from poor recreated sources) from 3DO version, and this PC/3DO game used Protracker music, nothing must be converted.

This is info from wikipedia:

The Ur-Quan Masters

The Ur-Quan Masters (or UQM) project aims to port Star Control II to modern operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and BSD. The project began in 2002 when the original creators Fred Ford and Paul Reiche III released the source code of the 3DO version as open source under the GPL. Its latest version, 0.7.0, was released on 4 July 2011. The game media is not open source, but is released under a cc-by-nc-sa license. It has also added the option of online multiplayer Melee play, something which was not available in the original game. A variety of modifications to the melee have been released by fans, including versions with superpowered ships and numerous planets. As of version 0.4, the long-missing intro and ending movies were finally added, as was an in-game setup menu. The ability to mod the game is one of the project's goals.
The project was renamed The Ur-Quan Masters because the trademark Star Control was registered by Accolade in 1997, acquired in 1999 by Atari (then known as Infogrames), along with the rest of Accolade's assets.

Page generated in 0.07773 seconds with 11 queries