View Single Post
Old 29 September 2015, 03:14   #13
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdoc View Post
- Dungeon Master (gave up at some point)
The original Dungeon Master has the best puzzles and sound. It's really not that hard, especially with 2 heads. Try Meynaf's Dungeon Master as well as his new maps. The new map where you start out solo and rescue your girlfriend and dog is really fun. I would stay away from the nightmare level unless you are seriously hardcore.

Quote:
- Black Crypt (gave up at some point)
It's a good game that is more polished than Dungeon Master in some areas but a bit boring at some places as well. The puzzles aren't that difficult but it's easy to get lost and bored in the mazes. It's worth playing but maybe not worth going back to unless you really liked it.

Quote:
- Chaos Strikes Back (even more difficult, I think...?)
It's a totally different feel and the puzzles, level design and character building are poor. I didn't like it.

Quote:
- Dungeon Master II Legend of Skullkeep (hmm, anyone played it ? Possible to finish ?)
It doesn't feel like Dungeon Master at all but it has its own atmosphere. It's fun and not too hard. Definitely worth trying.

Quote:
- Hired Guns (I don't like the screen split into 4 parts)
I'm actually not the biggest fan of Hired Guns either (the balance and polish are just not there for long play) but the concept and atmosphere are excellent and it is much better with multiple players.

Quote:
- Wizardry - Bane of Cosmic Forge (haven't heard much about it. an option ?)
Fun and good story line at first. Character creation is interesting. Graphics, sound and GUI are poor. It gets very difficult and monotonous after awhile so don't plan on completing.

Quote:
- Amberstar and Ambermoon (these 2 I want to play later with a different friend)
Great classic atmosphere and music. They are a bit cheesy but cute. Amberstar is difficult to start, monotonous in places and is not very well polished but is still playable and makes Ambermoon more interesting. Ambermoon is much more playable. The Amber style is much different than Dungeon Master, Black Crypt or EOB.

If you have AGA, then you might consider Evil's Doom. I haven't played it yet lacking a stable AGA machine but I have heard good things and I believe it would be in the same category.

http://hol.abime.net/3953

Page generated in 0.10509 seconds with 11 queries