View Single Post
Old 18 April 2012, 17:46   #46
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Perhaps but sometimes I am not sure if it is worth the trouble...
I love the time and trouble you go to to support all us Amigans! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is eternally grateful for WinUAE since I had to sell my old A1200's a few years back. The package has certainly (almost single handedly) has kept the Amiga dream alive all these years, and without it sites like this wouldn't be anywhere near as busy.

If it was about the money I'd say why not do a Kickstarter project for V2.5 - they absolutely throw money at these projects and every Joe is running a kickstarter nowadays it seems - but I won't insult your intelligence by mentioning money again.

Perhaps what would be helpful to you would be to look forward to some kind of 'final' release. I know that sounds impossible at the moment because there are so many new features you've crammed into the package and all need fixing and sorting out. But I can't help feeling that working towards some kind of 'final' release would give you a goal - a light at the end of the tunnel - and when it's done you can sit back and relax a few months/years and reap the rewards.

Otherwise you could keep on adding features and bug fixing and you may burn yourself out and start to resent the project - and I'm sure nobody wants to see that happen - not after all these years you've put into this.

Page generated in 0.04191 seconds with 11 queries