View Single Post
Old 06 March 2021, 11:45   #33
BomberMillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprian View Post
quick comparison:

Falcon's 56001 32MHz 96kB 0-wait-state RAM, 56-bit integer math, no fp math. Its own access to fast external I/O port and audio subsystem (without touching the main RAM). Indirect access to the main ram trough the DMA, Host port to the CPU.

Amiga's 3210 50MHz 8kB 0-wait-state RAM, 32-bit integer math, 40bit fp math. Access to the audio (Paula) trough the main ram. Direct access to the main ram (only in long-word aligned 32 bit chunks, no byte/word access)

Both can run a couple instructions in parallel.

Would be cool to compare cycles per instructions. Unfortunately I'm not able find a table with instruction timings (like divide) for DSP3210.

Hi Cyprian

I was thinking direct clinical DSP head-to-head comparisons, but as you have demonstrated, the actual interfacing limitations and datapath/device address routing on both come into play too.

It would be interesting to see someone harness the particulars of the AT&T3210 as set up in the Amiga 3000+, like DML has for theF030. However, unless the A3000+ mainboard gets to be more mainstream, I dont know if it will be properly pushed. Heres hoping that happens!

Page generated in 0.04316 seconds with 11 queries