View Single Post
Old 04 September 2019, 00:01   #84
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK/Altair View Post
Don't expect much higher than 30 FPS. Chunky 2 planar is done on Blitter, which has the same speed and becomes limiting factor on faster platforms. This could be addressed later, but right now A500 is main focus. But I wouldn't expect 60Hz anyway, because I know that AGA/060 demo coders still do effects in 30Hz because C2P takes one frame.
I suppose on AGA you could use the Copper and BPLCON4 to have part of the screen in a form of 'compressed copper chunky' and the rest using standard C2P. Should be enough raster time to change 96 pixels per line (i.e. 48 colours at 2x2 resolution). And using BPLCON4 you should be able to use them in strips of 32 pixels (again, as 16 colours at 2x2) as long as some space is kept in between the changed colour areas.

Would be hard to implement though and probably won't do much that much terms of speed (given it's only 30% of the screen width).

Note: this is just a random thought I've been having about C2P, not a well thought out approach nor a tested one. Probably best to ignore it and continue on using your current way

Page generated in 0.08475 seconds with 11 queries