View Single Post
Old 12 January 2011, 00:40   #1
Bloodwych

CyberbugfixAGA - how to enable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Really impressive 16 colors palette. I've done myself a 64 colors palette long time ago (Newicons, RomIcons, MagicWB, GlowIcons compatible) HERE

BTW for all people crying for low chipmem, you should use CyberbugFix AGA
I remember trying this all those years ago to compare it to the ram saving techniques I was putting into place in the ClassicWB packs (FBlit+Scalos_window_task addition, WBCtrl etc) at the time.

However, when I downloaded the archive, it was missing the program C:CyberBugfix which was stated in the instructions as needing to be added to the Startup-Sequence. I couldn't get it to work. It looks like an addon for the Cyberbugfix package which I didn't have so was missing files. Looked into it more and it seemed like I was missing a copyright driver package so left it.

It has the library, the Env-Arc files/prefs and the monitor driver (that goes in devs), but no C:CyberBugfix file.

So....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Incredible.. I'm very concerned with the Chip memory. In fact, I didn't want to upgrade OS3.9 from BB2 to BB4 because of the chipmem loss.
This were my results after upgrading two days ago:
BB2 Chip Ram: 1.416Kb (69%)
BB3 Chip Ram: 1.135 (55%)
BB4 Chip Ram: 1.170 (57%)

All was using Fblit, Ftext, and others, but I've just installed CyberbugFixAGA and my chip ram with 64 colors and BB4 now is:
1443Kb (71%). Ah, I've got a Blizzard 1260.

Thank you very much!
How did you get it to work Retrofan? Was I just being thick back in 2004? I meant to ask Frog for more advice, but forgot as I seemed to be saving all the chipram using the system I have at the moment.

I'm still willing to test this and see if it improves the packs at all.

Page generated in 0.04876 seconds with 11 queries