View Single Post
Old 02 July 2019, 11:32   #62
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Yo, I just found about this thread, you know, if you had made a thread for this game on its own, liek an announcement, it would have been noticed better I think. Thread title is too generic.
And more than a year on, I just noticed your post! The plan is to announce Landfill in its own thread when it's ready for launch (hopefully in the next week). This one was more about getting advice on Amiga-specific C stuff as I didn't want to build up expectations when I was unsure of a release date.

Quote:
With that said I love matching games, Columns/Baku Baku animal types are great! And this looks really god!!

I just preferred the screen without the TV thing. The score was bigger and clearer, the "Next" too, and there was a better distribution of elements on screen. Now it's all too clumped to be inside the screen.
Just my opinion though, of course.
Fair point - part of me agrees. I tweaked the background a bit since that screenshot to take away some of those bags on the right to try and open it up. I'm thinking I'll do more with the background as the game progresses providing it's something I can implement relatively quickly.

Quote:
Keep up the great work and looking forward to your release! Can't wait to play it.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Having not really touched it for 18 months, I was pleased at how fun it was to play, so hopefully others will feel the same.

Quote:
And may I ask: whatever happened to the Microbots clone?
Life I guess! First, a baby girl who wouldn't sleep, and then a freelance dev project that made me guilty to be working on Amiga stuff in my spare time when I should be doing that. I'm back on the Amiga stuff now so I may look at that next.

On Landfill, over the past week I've added saimon69's excellent music and fixed the double-buffering so it runs smoothly on a stock A500. So like I say, hopefully there'll be a release thread popping up in the 7 days or so.

Page generated in 0.04660 seconds with 11 queries