View Single Post
Old 20 September 2015, 02:20   #112
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman72 View Post
thanks for reply matthey :-) simply I would like to see a video with someone using the workbench at 640x512 (or higher aga resolution, 1440x580? I don't remember) with 256 colors and open, close and move windows/folders, see how much time needs for displayng some icons after a folder is opened, opening and show a jpeg. just a normal workbench use. after 20 years I am trying to convert some om my stupid and shareware games to android, but if mist is usable with a decent resolution (I cant' able anymore to use a compiler editor at 640x256 after so many years on winzoz), maybe I can buy it (no money to buy a real amiga with at least a 68030 and 16mb of ram) and try to code something. ciao and thank you again :-)
The following video shows Mist AGA moving some lower depth windows around and SysInfo says the chipmem is 8.30 times an A600.

[ Show youtube player ]

The disk performance is slow (speed tests shown in video) so loading icons in Workbench is not particularly fast but the AGA is fast. Using Peter K's icon.library and ThoR's new layers.library should provide a large speedup as well.

The FPGA Arcade shows how fast the FPGA gfx can be with a faster CPU and faster disk (using 68060 expansion board). It gives 27.00 chip speed vs A600 in SysInfo. The following video is several years old by the way.

[ Show youtube player ]

The graphics may be a new chunky RTG graphics mode but the FPGA is handling all the graphics and Amiga custom chips. A 68060@100MHz helps performance a little too .

Page generated in 0.04683 seconds with 11 queries