View Single Post
Old 25 October 2016, 16:20   #1
DamienD
Global Moderator

Deluxe Galaga v2.6C [AGA] - "HD install" --> "ADFs"

After reading Vollldo's thread: Deluxe Galaga v2.5 Fixed for A500 KS1.3 the other day I thought I'd take a look at "Deluxe Galaga"

In TOSEC currently there is an OCS / ECS version of v2.6C but not an AGA version

Furthermore; when I took a look at the above OCS / ECS version i.e:

• Deluxe Galaga v2.6C (1994)(Vigdal, Edgar)(SW-R)(Disk 1 of 2)[h Amiga Emulation Zone].adf
  • Deluxe Galaga v2.6C (1994)(Vigdal, Edgar)(SW-R)(Disk 2 of 2)[h Amiga Emulation Zone].adf
...it's a hard drive install put onto .ADFs much like the packages that I create

[plus the package needs 2MB Chip as files are extracted to RAM]

Anyway, searched on Aminet and there are these versions:

a) DGalaga26C.lha [OCS / ECS version released on "1995-09-28" and this is what's used in the above .ADFs]
b) DGalaga2.6cAGA.lha [AGA version released on the "1995-09-18"]
c) DeluxeGalaga_E.lha [OCS / ECS released on the "1997-09-07" and is the FINAL version]
d) DeluxeGalaga_A.lha [AGA version released on the "1997-09-07" and is the FINAL version]

So, I've now created a "HD install --> ADFs" package using d)

You need to use an AGA configuration with at least 2MB Chip & 1MB Fast RAM; though I just use a 2MB Chip & 4MB Fast RAM configuration...

As per usual; you can use this set with 1 or 2 disks drives...

This release is really for people that:

... Don't have a hard drive.
... Don't know how to extract / install etc. to a hard drive in order to play.
... Use GameBase Amiga.
... Have HxC Gotek hardware.

You can find the files I created in the usual places i.e. The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"

Last edited by DamienD; 25 October 2016 at 19:51.

Page generated in 0.04144 seconds with 11 queries