View Single Post
Old 22 September 2017, 04:35   #8
lar3ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
This is very interesting, I also run Amibian but on a Pi3. Would you be interested in sharing everything you do to get this going both ways? (Startup and shutdown). Because I'm fairly certain you will figure it out and it will be interesting.
Well, startup is pretty straightforward...

In /root/amiga

To go straight into Amiga mode, use autostart. I just copied my preferred uae file to autostart.uae, though I can't rememmber if I then set use_gui=no or if it was already set. At any rate, if it is set to use_gui=no, it will boot straight to Amiga.

In /usr/local/bin
There are a load of executable scripts.
menu - prints the instuctions you usually see on boot.
when you type 3 and Enter, you execute 3, which calls amiga.

The script amiga cd's to /root/amiga and runs the following executable binary
./6 -f autostart.uae
At this point, you will end up in the GUI or in the Amiga based on the use_gui setting in the autostart file.

If you write any code you want to execute before or during the loading of your preferred Amiga, place it before the ./6 line.

If you want to run any code as you exit back to Linux, place it after the ./6 call.

Here's my ./6 file...

Code:
cd /root/amiga
aplay -t wav -r 48000 -f S16_LE /root/amiga/Tardis.wav &
python pulse.py &
./6 -f conf/autostart.uae
aplay -t wav -r 48000 -f S16_LE /root/amiga/Tardis.wav &
python pulse.py &
cd ~
clear
cat /etc/issue.net
cat /etc/motd
Since I pretty much consider my Amiga emulator a time machine, I will be putting the Pi into a Tardis case (I'll be 3D printing the case), complete with LEDs, and any time I launch the Amiga or return, the Tardis sound will play, the interior LEDs will come on, and the beacon will flash.. Currently, it is flawless, in that it plays the sound of the Tardis until just after my Amiga screen appears. The pulsing LED, which will be on the top, pulses a few more times, then stops. I have yet to add the interior LEDs to illuminate the windows.

aplay is a Linux program, but pulse.py is a python program I found on the net, and modified for the purpose of putting the beacon on the Tardis.
Note that both of these are run in background, so they continue to run while the Amia is loading.

Exit from Amiga mode is the tricky part.

I don't think winlaunch will be a lot of help, being specifically for Windows.

I did have look at some of the source that emufan pointed me to, and that looks more promising, though I don't know if I have the skills to modify it to do what I want.

I'll keep you posted about any progress I make.

Last edited by lar3ry; 22 September 2017 at 04:48. Reason: Fogot to pint to the uae files.

Page generated in 0.04673 seconds with 11 queries