View Single Post
Old 06 November 2019, 22:34   #3
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Only one i have experience with is Synology NAS device (2 disks) and we are using it for ~4 years now without any issues.

This does seem very interesting. I might get one just for backup/storage purpose, since I have bunch of 2GB disks laying around.

At first I was wondering, why didn't you get RAID 5 version, but then when you said that all disk shows with data, I assume you don't want to move/reformat disks. This does seem very interesting solution for storage. What I am not sure is if this is software or hardware RAID.

ATM I am considering options on building computer before new year and for start will only have 2 SSD and possibly 1 hybrid disk. This might be probably better option to keep heat out of case.
Could not state if its Software or Hardware RAID, I suspect Hardware due to a mechanical switch on the back of the unit that shows RAID 0 or RAID 1 or SINGLE.

The default is SINGLE for this model.

They also make IP based NAS devices along with some ENTERPRISE units in RACK format.

As a side note, the build quality is excellent, just the HDD trays are pretty cheap due to being molded PLASTIC, they work fine but I was hoping for metal to sink the heat away better but perhaps they did testing with the cooling fans and found no difference ?

Page generated in 0.04121 seconds with 11 queries