View Single Post
Old 11 October 2017, 12:34   #65
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
@SnkBitten, BTW, What hardware have you installed Amithlon on? I hear Amithlon has the fastest performance with LW, even when compared to WinUAE, is it true?
Here's a quick video showing layout+preview in Lightwave 3d 5.0 using WinUAE (i7 3.5 Ghz, 32 GB ram host machine) and Amithlon (Core2Duo 4.0 Ghz, 1 GB ram).

It's one of the benchmark scenes, WinUAE making the preview and then Amithlon making the preview, dragging the timeline forward and back and making the preview again. WinUAE Lightwave running on A4000 configuration maxed out with JIT on Amiga Native modes, Amithlon at 1024x768 using ModePro (1024x768 32bit at 8 colors). To be fair to WinUAE I went back and did the same for WinUAE using uaegfx (1024x768@32 8 color ModePro promoted) and it gave a slight speed increase over the native Amiga mode, probably not worth it type of increase.

http://amithlon.snkbitten.com/files/...E-Amithlon.mp4

On Amithlon/lightwave I have under the Options panel/Layout View the "Bounding Box Point/Polygon Threshold" set above 12,000 which eliminates the bounding box movement in Layout giving me wireframe movement.

Page generated in 0.04085 seconds with 11 queries