View Single Post
Old 04 August 2017, 16:27   #72
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by talybont View Post
This is a new board designed by Christoph 'Chris' Höhne.
Why is it called Vampire then? I thought Vampire were majsta's accelerators. Vampire V1 for A600 didn't even have Gunnar involved from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvladJelly View Post
We don't hang onto the dream of finally a great accelerator for our classic machines, to go standalone, forgoing our beloved case, beloved keyboard, ports, aga chipset and love we've poured into the machines over the years.
Do you understand how the Vampire works? The A1200's AGA will probably not even be used, especially if you want to use the HDMI out.

Basically your A1200 becomes an I/O unit, none of it is used except the ports. The CPU, the custom chips, all that is gone.

Vampire is NOT an Amiga accelerator. It's a LOT more. It\'s unfair to call it an accelerator, and in my opinion, it's silly to stick it to an old wedge to run.

If you really want the feeling of Amiga, you should stomach the slow speeds and do things available in 1990, not 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Why not just buy a Rasp Pi v3 and emulate now for under a £100?
Because Raspberry Pi Amiga emulation is just not there yet. Sure, I hope it keeps being worked on and improves, but, not now.

At more than £300 there's no way I'd justify this though. I like the idea of standalone, but I rather get an Arcade FPGA.

Page generated in 0.09641 seconds with 11 queries