View Single Post
Old 04 February 2016, 05:36   #20
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
I've zoned the source, it's very rough (The tweaks were my first real Amiga C project and I wasn't finished).
Thanks!
And the moment I go fetch the sources on the Zone I realize you included a link to the GitHub project on the first post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Some tweaks I made from the AWolf (C:\Games\Emulator\WinUAE\SC\AWolf3D_src) base:

- Uses "WriteChunkyPixels" to take advantage of the Akiko chip (won't run well on an A1200)
- CD32 Pad support including strafe
- Narrower aspect ratio (squarer) for speed
- Ugly graphical hacks to try and speed up the wall rendering (glitches are particularly noticiable on doors)
- Fix to distance calculation problem (in some angles it would calculate that a German guard a mile away was point blank, since it was calculating the difference between unsigned ints!)
- Some hacky optimisations to rendering sprites, in particular with the on-screen weapon sprites (so the rendering loop skips most of the empty pixels)
Oki, thanks for these details. If it is all C, then all the better, my assembly is way too rusty to be of use for the moment.

I have a bit of work already "planned" on Catacombs 3D which I expect to be very similar technically to Wolf3D so I will first check if anything I thought about for the former can be applied to the latter. No promises on dates though, I have much to do before I even start looking at it.

Page generated in 0.04809 seconds with 11 queries